Sunday, February 17, 2013

To the large mouse who sauntered out of my kitchen the other night


 Dear sir or madam,

When we met unexpectedly last evening, I was startled to see you. I had been under the assumption that you confined yourself to the drop ceiling and had not be in the habit of visiting the actual kitchen proper. I promise that there is nothing for you in my kitchen, as I keep all my food in a large metal box. I do not believe you possess the opposable thumbs or strength to lift the lid, so please don’t bother trying. 

After an extensive survey of the grounds, I believe I have identified your access points.  This oversight in compound security has been repaired. 

I think you will have more luck with the baker next door. If I see you again, the situation will escalate quickly. I swear to god I will adopt/capture a feral Gambian cat and make it live in my courtyard if you make me, and really, nobody wants to see that happen. Let’s not meet again.

Sincerely,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment