Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sweet tooth attack!


Now, I’m not going to go so far as to say it was a mistake to make rice pudding, because that would be lying to myself. But, it was a mistake to make so much rice pudding. When you have the willpower of a dust mite, you really shouldn’t have access to large quantities of a favorite dessert. And unfortunately, I love rice pudding. And it is something that doesn’t need an oven…just rice, milk, sugar, and cinnamon. The problem is that I also don’t like to share rice pudding so when I make a vat of it (which I may have done) then I end up eating it all myself. I kind of feel like a bad person when I think about having to share it and not wanting to, but since I’m not usually a bad person, I usually give in and share which is sad because then there is less for me. Which is good, because no one, and I mean no one should eat the quantities of rice pudding that I have consumed. So I was craving something sweet. It’s probably a result of coming down from the sugar high during the recent field trip. The boys discovered I like attaya which meant that I got a fairly constant stream of it during the weekend. Add that to the regular tea they served with every meal (they put both sweetened condensed milk and regular sugar in their tea) and that adds up to more sugar than I normally allow myself access to.  I try not to keep cookies (or biscuits as they are called here) in the house. In fact, other than my fake sugar crystal light and small amounts of sugar for tea, I don’t have a single sweet item in the house. Which is where the rice pudding comes into play. I saw the rice in my food bin. And started thinking it would be nice to have rice pudding. I told myself no, you already had dinner and you ate a sausage roll and two donuts (Gambian style so not exactly what you are thinking) for lunch. But, I am terrible at resisting once I think about baking…even if it isn’t really baking. And I really miss baking. The cookies, brownies, breads, and other fun treats from Pinterest…I really wish I had an oven! And this is what gets me in trouble and the only thing I have all the ingredients for is rice pudding…which I love. I am feeling a little sick now and should probably plan to take a nice long walk tomorrow to walk off the excess…but I think I satisfied my sweet tooth…for now. Too bad there is still leftovers in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment